The applications of Chitin and Chitosan-Based Polymers in Plants
Date: 06 Sep., 2021
1. The main role of chitin (chitosan) in agriculture
(1) Proliferate beneficial soil flora and inhibit harmful bacteria.
(2) Induce plants to initiate autoimmune response and improve disease resistance of crops and vegetables.
(3) Promote plant growth and increase the output of crops and vegetables.
(4) Chitin solution is usually used in conjunction with other acidic fertilizers or pesticides.
2. How to use
(1) Improve soil
The 2.5-5% chitosan solution is diluted by an appropriate multiple, and the roots are irrigated regularly, which can reduce soil diseases.
(2) Seed treatment
The 2-5% chitosan solution is diluted 10-20 times and treated with seed soaking, seed dressing or seed coating, which can promote seed germination and improve seed disease resistance.
(3) Foliar spraying
2.5% chitosan solution, diluted 500-1000 times, or 5% chitosan solution, diluted 1000-2000 times, sprayed regularly on foliage, can promote growth and inhibit plant diseases.
(4) Dosage 2-5% agricultural chitosan solution can be used in combination with other acidic pesticides or fertilizers, and the effect is better.
Most fertilizers and pesticides containing chitosan are used in combination with other active ingredients to reflect the combination of long-acting and short-acting, which is more suitable for China's national conditions. Most of the products exported abroad are a single chitosan solution, which embodies the characteristics of organic, green and safe.