Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (HPMC)2910 E15, USP42 is a semisynthetic, viscoelastic polymer, it is a cellulose ether.Hydroxypropylmethyl cellulose (HPMC) can be dissolved into some organic solvents and also in water-organic solvent mixed solvents. it does not have a gelation property when heated. HPMC is a is non-toxic to humans the raw material from cotton and wood.
Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (HPMC) E15 is used as a film coating or adhesive agent in oral solid preparation significantly increase the stabillity, dissolution rate as well as enhance the water-retention properties of a tablet. HPMC can be also used as a suspending agent in the suspension, a matrix material for ophthalmic agent, a skeleton material for hydrophilic gel skeleton sustained-release and gastric floating tablets.
HPMC 2910 E15 application:
(1) Raw materials of vegetable capsules
(2) Oral solid tablets coating or adhesive agent;
(3) as a suspending agent in the suspension, a matrix material for an ophthalmic agent.;
1) Viscosity (2% solution, 20°C ,mpa.s): 13-18
2) Fineness: 80-100 mesh
3) PH Value: 5.0~8.0
4) Methoxyl Content (wt%): 28-30
5) Hydrooxypropoxyl Content (wt%): 7-12%
6) Residue On Ignition (wt%): 1.5% max
7) Total Bacterium (cfu/g): 1000/gram max
8) Mold: 100/gram max
• Packed in 25KG fiber drums
• 9000KGS/20'FCL pallets; 10000KGS/20'FCL without pallets
Each packing unit must carry a label indicating the name of "Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (HPMC)", the net weight, the name of the manufacture, the date of production, the batch code, expiry date or shelf life and storage condition.
Keep in a cool, well-ventilated place, stored away from extreme heat and away from strong oxidizing agents.
In addition to the quality criteria mentioned above, the material must be conforming to all other requirements of the Chinese Food Regulation that not specifically quoted in this specification.